COVID-19 Related Programs,
Initiatives and Services offered by the NJSBDC
#NJThrives is an initiative designed to help NJ businesses pivot, survive, and thrive despite the effects of COVID-19.
Using the hashtag, #NJThrives, small and mid-sized businesses are encouraged to record a video of themselves, their teams, and their businesses and share how they are successfully operating during the COVID-19 pandemic. The videos will be shared on the NJSBDC’s YouTube channel and on other social media platforms. #NJThrives videos are being compiled between the Small Business Week (September 22 – 24, 2020) through Small Business Saturday (November 28, 2020).
To participate in the #NJThrives initiative, business owners will need to complete a short online form giving the NJSBDC permission to share the video on their behalf and then upload their finished production to their own YouTube channels using the hashtag #NJThrives.
For more information: https://njsbdc.com/njthrives
NJSBDC Cares Webinars
The NJSBDC is offering a series of comprehensive training programs for small and mid-sized businesses impacted by COVID-19 to help with issues ranging from “Continuity Planning for Sudden Disasters” to “Debt Restructuring and Bankruptcy”. These programs will be available online starting Wednesday, September 30, 2020 with “Return to Work: Health & Safety Issues”, taught by Mitchel Rosen, Ph.D., of Rutgers School of Public Health, Center for Public Health Workforce Development (CPHWD). All programs in this series are presented by field experts with the sole purpose of helping New Jersey business overcome the business-related effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. These programs are made available by the Cares grant, funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Click Here to view information on all the programs offered:
A list of the program titles are listed below:
– Return to Work I: Health & Safety Issues* (9/30/20 at 1pm) – OnDemand Video PENDING
– Return to Work II: Mental Health & Resiliency (10/28/20 at 12pm) – Register Now
– Credit Management: Techniques to Establish Business Credit (10/28/20 at 4pm) – Register Now
– Cybersecurity Overview for B2C Businesses (10/29/20 @ 5pm) – Register Now
– Continuity Planning for Sudden Disasters
– E-Commerce for Small Business Growth
– Operations Continuity through Remote Management
– Creating an Exceptional Customer Experience (3-Part Certificate Series: 11/6, 11/13, 11/20)
– Business Response & Recover Training for Small Business Owners
– Protecting Your Intellectual Property
– Responding to Cyber Security Threats
– Debt Restructuring & Bankruptcy
For more information: Go to https://njsbdc.com/cares-programs/.
NJSBDC One-to-One Expert Business Counseling
The best service that the NJSBDC offers for small to mid-sized businesses impacted by COVID-19 is no-cost one-to-one expert counseling. Experts at 12 regional centers across the state are available to guide business owners through various stages of business development and continuity planning to help them survive the pandemic. Through NJSBDC’s counseling, clients can get help with identifying the problem areas, finding specific solutions, and putting plans, tactics, and goals in place to overcome every challenge.
To request an NJSBDC counseling session, go to https://njsbdc.com/contact.