IMPACT Fact Sheet
The NJSBDC program, which is composed of 12 centers (statewide), provides services and comprehensive assistance to established small businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs in all 21 counties. Impact of the program is summarized below:
- Counseled 3,873 clients one-on-one
- Delivered 19,284 total counseling hours or on average 4.9 hours per case;
- 60% of all clients were established businesses (2,323);
- 630 clients of NJSBDC started a new business;
- Sponsored 541 training sessions statewide;
- 7,658 individuals/small business owners attended training seminars (on various business development/growth issues);
- Delivered more than 1,800 total training hours through training seminars;
- Helped small business clients create and save 14,848 jobs in the state(2,390 created jobs/12,458 retained jobs);
- Facilitated $126,854,350 in total financing (loans & equity) for its clients;
- Clients generated an estimated $1.496 billion in sales revenues, generating conservatively $60 million in sales tax revenues to the State Treasury, notwithstanding additional
business taxes paid to NJ.
Note: Impact from core SBA grant, NJBAC funding, and additional grants activity; as of 2/21/18.
**Subject to further revisions.
starting Your Business
If you are planning on starting a small business, with the help of the small business association, we are here to make you small business dreams a reality.
Expanding Your Business
If you are an existing business with an annual revenue of $250, 000 to $1,000,000 and 5 -10 employees, we can help you expand your boundaries as a company, helping you grow your vision into a successful company.