FACT SHEET (FEDERAL FISCAL YEAR 2019 – 2020)
NETWORK-WIDE ECONOMIC IMPACT DELIVERABLES
The NJSBDC program, which is composed of 12 centers (statewide), provides management consulting, training, and other technical assistance to established small businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs in all 21 counties. Impact of the program (Oct. 1, 2019-Sept. 30, 2020) is summarized below:
- Counseled 5,857 clients (one-on-one);
- Delivered 19,817 total counseling hours or on average 3.4 hours per case;
- 67% of all clients were established businesses (3,924);
- 337 clients of NJSBDC started a new business;
- Sponsored 578 training sessions statewide;
- 11,599 individuals/small business owners attended training seminars (on various business development/growth issues);
- Delivered 1,514 total training hours through training seminars;
- 25,584 Total Jobs supported (SBDC clients’ employees). SBDC’s assistance helps clients create and save thousands of jobs; since 2015, on average, more than 14,000 created & saved jobs (each calendar year) are generated by clients statewide;
- Facilitated $144,651,871 in total financing (loans & equity) for its clients;
- Clients generated more than $2.9 billion in sales revenues, generating millions of dollars in business tax revenues to the overall Treasury and an estimated $87 million (conservatively) in sales tax revenues to NJ.
Note: Data impact from core SBA grant & other grant activity.
starting Your Business
If you are planning on starting a small business, NJSBDC, with the help of the Small Business Administration (SBA), is here to make your small business dreams a reality. Become a client and see how.
Expanding Your Business
If you are an existing business with annual revenue of up to $1 million or have more than $1 million in revenue and/or 10 or more employees, NJSBDC can help you expand your market share as a company and grow your vision into a successful company. Become a client and see how.