Find an expert counselor near you
FACT SHEET (FEDERAL FISCAL YEAR 2020 – 2022)
NETWORK-WIDE ECONOMIC IMPACT DELIVERABLES
The NJSBDC program, which is composed of 11 centers (statewide), provides management consulting, training, and other technical assistance to established small businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs in all 21 counties. Impact of the program (Jan. 1, 2020 – Dec. 31, 2022) is summarized below:
- Counseled 13,426 clients (one-on-one);
- Delivered 42,730 total counseling hours;
- 15,350 of all clients were established businesses;
- 857 clients of NJSBDC started a new business;
- Sponsored 2,349 training sessions statewide;
- 41,460 individuals/small business owners attended training seminars (on various business development/growth issues);
- 3,217 Total Jobs supported (SBDC clients’ employees);
- Facilitated $275,120,426 in total financing (loans & equity) for its clients;
- Clients generated more than $7.2 billion in sales revenues, generating millions of dollars in business tax revenues to the overall Treasury and an estimated $480 million (conservatively) in sales tax revenues to NJ.
Note: Data impact from core SBA grant & other grant activity.