Find an expert counselor near you
FACT SHEET (FEDERAL FISCAL YEAR 2019 – 2021)
NETWORK-WIDE ECONOMIC IMPACT DELIVERABLES
The NJSBDC program, which is composed of 12 centers (statewide), provides management consulting, training, and other technical assistance to established small businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs in all 21 counties. Impact of the program (Oct. 1, 2019-Dec. 31, 2021) is summarized below:
- Counseled 15,798 clients (one-on-one);
- Delivered 59,033 total counseling hours;
- 14,095 of all clients were established businesses;
- 1,049 clients of NJSBDC started a new business;
- Sponsored 2,198 training sessions statewide;
- 38,219 individuals/small business owners attended training seminars (on various business development/growth issues);
- 4,255 Total Jobs supported (SBDC clients’ employees);
- Facilitated $318,596,295 in total financing (loans & equity) for its clients;
- Clients generated more than $6.5 billion in sales revenues, generating millions of dollars in business tax revenues to the overall Treasury and an estimated $216 million (conservatively) in sales tax revenues to NJ.
Note: Data impact from core SBA grant & other grant activity.