FACT SHEET (FEDERAL FISCAL YEAR 2019 – 2020)
NETWORK-WIDE ECONOMIC IMPACT DELIVERABLES
The NJSBDC program, which is composed of 12 centers (statewide), provides management consulting, training, and other technical assistance to established small businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs in all 21 counties. Impact of the program (Oct. 1, 2019-Sept. 30, 2020) is summarized below:
- Counseled 5,857 clients (one-on-one);
- Delivered 19,817 total counseling hours or on average 3.4 hours per case;
- 67% of all clients were established businesses (3,924);
- 337 clients of NJSBDC started a new business;
- Sponsored 578 training sessions statewide;
- 11,599 individuals/small business owners attended training seminars (on various business development/growth issues);
- Delivered 1,514 total training hours through training seminars;
- 25,584 Total Jobs supported (SBDC clients’ employees). SBDC’s assistance helps clients create and save thousands of jobs; since 2015, on average, more than 14,000 created & saved jobs (each calendar year) are generated by clients statewide;
- Facilitated $144,651,871 in total financing (loans & equity) for its clients;
- Clients generated more than $2.9 billion in sales revenues, generating millions of dollars in business tax revenues to the overall Treasury and an estimated $87 million (conservatively) in sales tax revenues to NJ.
Note: Data impact from core SBA grant & other grant activity.
NJSBDC Regional Offices
Network Partners & Sponsors
The New Jersey Sustainable Business program is funded by the USEPA, and is part of an EPA Region 2 Toxic Reductions initiative that also includes projects being conducted by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC), and New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT).
Join a Community of 13,000+ Small Businesses
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: America’s Small Business Development Centers – New Jersey (NJSBDC), 1 Washington Park, Newark, NJ, 07102, US, https://www.njsbdc.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact.
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA. All services extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis.