America’s SBDC New Jersey Offers an Abundance of Training Seminars for Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs to Develop and Grow
March 24, 2016 (Newark, NJ) – The 12 centers of the statewide network, America’s Small Business Development Centers – New Jersey, are offering key training seminars for entrepreneurs and small businesses across the state.
The NJSBDC network provides one-on-one management consulting, training, and other forms of technical assistance for both existing and established small businesses as well as individuals who want to start a new business. Fifty-seven percent of all clients in 2015 were established small businesses in different stages of growth.
“In 2015 more than 6,500 individuals and small business owners attended the network’s 508 training sessions at centers throughout New Jersey,” said Brenda Hopper, chief executive officer and state director of the NJSBDC network. “We helped facilitate almost $74 million in financing for our clients and 554 clients started a new business.”
“More than 4,100 clients received one-on-one management consulting from our experts last year,” said Deborah Smarth, NJSBDC network chief operating officer and associate state director. “The network helped its clients create and save 16,606 jobs.” A seasoned training program on a variety of subjects is provided each year. Some highlights for the month of April’s training offerings include topics like:
- Developing small business plans to guide the company’s operations;
- Marketing plans and strategies to build visibility;
- Employee team building to maximize productivity;
- Online and Internet marketing as well as using social media tools, Google analytics and keywords in drawing customers to your business online;
- Time management and prioritization of business projects to help grow your business;
- The how-to in exporting and finding international trade opportunities to grow sales beyond the domestic market;
- Sales and communications to bolster company revenues;
- Risk assessment and disaster recovery as well as cyber security tips;
- Accounting fundamentals, QuickBooks, financial statements and analysis to make better business decisions;
- Building a consulting business;
- Small business insurance and taxes;
- Small business recordkeeping; and more.
For more information, access specifics about the latter training seminars at https://clients.njsbdc.com/events.aspx.
About America’s SBDC New Jersey
The New Jersey Small Business Development Centers network, one of the first pilot projects in the nation, has provided comprehensive services and programs for small business in New Jersey for 37 years; SBDC experts help businesses expand their operations, manage their growth, or start new ventures. Expert staff and practicing business consultants help small business owners and entrepreneurs to develop business plans, find financing, accounting and financial analysis, identify new markets, initiate marketing strategies, find procurement and international trade opportunities, learn green sustainability practices, commercialize technology and develop an E-commerce presence. This non-profit network, a federal-state-educational partnership, leverages funding from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), the N.J. Business Action Center, the educational institutions that host the 12 centers as well as other private sponsorships and additional private/public grants. The NJSBDC Headquarters, located at the Rutgers Business School in Newark, NJ, oversees the network which is an accredited member of the national network of America’s SBDC. Up to 1,000 centers and satellite offices serve small businesses across the country, generating jobs, new businesses and economic development. Visit www.njsbdc.com.