SBIR Update Newsletter:
2018 SBIR/STTR Training Seminars
SBIR & STTR CONFERENCE
NIH SBIR Program & 1-to-1 APPOINTMENTS
Date: Friday, November 16, 2018
BioNJ, NJ Technology Council, Princeton Entrepreneurship Council, &
Rutgers New Ventures and Commercialization Funding Group
Hosted by: NJEDA Commercialization Center
- 9:30- 9:35 am Welcomes, Introductions: Randy Harmon, NJSBDC Technology Commercialization Consultant
- 9:35- 10:20 am Overview of the NIH SBIR/STTR Program: Natalia Kruchinin, Ph.D., SBIR/STTR Program Coordinator, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH
- 10:20- 10:50 am Understanding NIAID’s Mission and SBIR/STTR Research Priorities: Mike Minnicozzi, Ph.D., Program Officer, Div. of Allergy, Immunology and Transplantation (DAIT), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH
- 10:50- 11:00 am Break
- 11:00- 11:10 am Lenzie Harcum; NJEDA CCIT Program Manager
- 11:10- 11:30 am NIH Budget Proposals: Anthony Faugno, CPA, Partner, EisnerAmper
- 11:30- 12:15 pm NCI SBIR Initiatives and Tips on Submitting Competitive Applications: Todd Haim, Ph.D., Program Director, NCI SBIR Development Center
- 12:15- 12:45 pm NIH SBIR Success Story:
- 12:45- 1:00 pm Wrap-up
- 1:00- 1:30 pm Networking lunch Collaborating With Rutgers University, Vincent Smeraglia, Executive Director, Office of Research Commercialization
- 1:30- 4:00 pm 15 minute 1-to-1 sessions speakers
To reserve a 1-to-1 slot, send an E-message to firstname.lastname@example.org upon registration along with no more than a 1 page overview of the technology, including the specific objectives of what you would like to accomplish with SBIR funding. Appointments will be scheduled upon receipt of the overview. Overviews must be received by Monday, September 17th.
Registration:$40 in advance/$55 after noon 11/15
Students: $15 in advance/$30 after noon 9/20, E-mail email@example.com
Natalia Kruchinin, Ph.D., SBIR/STTR Program Coordinator, NIAID
Michael Minnicozzi, Ph.D., Program Officer
Todd Haim, Ph.D., Program Director, NCI SBIR Development Center
Jesus Soriano, Ph.D., Program Director, NSF Smart Health and Biomedical Technologies
Anthony Faugno, CPA, Partner, EisnerAmper
Vincent Smeraglia, Executive Director, Rutgers Office of Research Commercialization
SBIR & STTR Introductory Webcasts
View each individually via the links above – or – as a Full Presentation via the YouTube Playlist below.
*Once you have viewed the webcasts, please post any comments you have to YouTube.
We welcome your feedback.
- SBIR.gov – One Stop SBIR/STTR Resource Site, including searching grant & contract opportunities.
- Topic Searching – Identify solicitations and topics that match your technology.
- Determining Overhead Rates in Government Contracts
(Presented by EisnerAmper, LLP)
- Proposal Preparation Assistance – Guidance in pursuing the SBIR/STTR programs, assistance in drafting proposals and written critiques of proposals are available to New Jersey entrepreneurs and small business owners through NJSBDC. Contact Randy Harmon at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Technology Commercialization Consulting
Helping entrepreneurs launch and grow science & tech-based businesses
- Description of Services
- Getting Started
- Preparing Business Plans for Equity Investors Click Here for Doc Format / Click Here for PDF Format
- “From Invention to Innovation” This excellent publication from the Dept. of Energy provides a comprehensive overview of the technology commercialization process.
*For more information about SBIR/STTR, help in identifying suitable topics, or a guided tour of the SBIR Gateway web site, please email email@example.com*
*To subscribe to our newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the words SUBSCRIBE SBIR UPDATE in the title.*
starting Your Business
If you are planning on starting a small business, with the help of the small business association, we are here to make your small business dreams a reality.
Expanding Your Business
If you are an existing business with an annual revenue of $250, 000 to $1,000,000 and 5 -10 employees, we can help you expand your boundaries as a company, helping you grow your vision into a successful company.