SMALL BUSINESS VOICE-NJSBDC | FALL-WINTER 2016
We’ve reached more than the half-year mark and already signs of success are in the air. Our Small Business Development Centers network, which is now focused on allocating greater resources for one-on-one management consulting and stable levels of training, has succeeded in accomplishing the following for the period covering January 1 through June 30, 2016:
- We’ve provided one-on-one counseling for 2,593 clients with a total of 9,794 counseling hours;
- 22% of the network’s clients received 5-plus hours of counseling;
- 59% of NJSBDC network’s business client portfolio consists of established small businesses;
- NJSBDC clients started 248 new businesses;
- We’ve facilitated $52,134,594 in financing for our small business clients;
- We’ve hosted 297 training events/seminars with 3,781 trainees attending;
- Approximately 10% of our small business clients had $1 million or more in sales revenues and/or 10-plus employees;
- We’ve assisted our clients to create and save 11,473 jobs.
We’re expecting to finish this year on a high note with great economic impact even though the economy seems to be weak. It’s all about “BIG IMPACT.” That’s why the state’s investment level in our program is so important to leverage with federal and private sources of funding. Our network’s business experts are there for any small business owner or entrepreneur who wants to bring their operations or business to a higher level. Visit us for a full consultation and assessment and we can help you advance your path to success.
starting Your Business
If you are planning on starting a small business, with the help of the small business association, we are here to make your small business dreams a reality.
Expanding Your Business
If you are an existing business with an annual revenue of $250, 000 to $1,000,000 and 5 -10 employees, we can help you expand your boundaries as a company, helping you grow your vision into a successful company.