Entering a new year, we reflect on our network’s accomplishments in 2016. We are heartened that the NJSBDC network has achieved and surpassed its goals. This past year (2016) our SBDC network counseled and trained more than 12,000 small business owners, entrepreneurs and individuals. And, our impact improved across the board with all of our goal targets moving upward:
- 19,514 total counseling hours delivered to 4,228 small business clients;
- 567 SBDC clients started new businesses;
- 57 percent of our total clients were established businesses;
- $88.3 million in total financing facilitated for our small business clients;
- Clients generated sales at $1.329 billion value;
- Clients conservatively returned $70 million in sales tax revenues to the state, in addition to other state income tax and business tax revenues;
- 16,115 created and saved jobs by assisting our clients;
- 1,981 total training hours delivered at 545 training seminars with 8,279 trainees.
The added value of our program for small business health in our state contributes greatly to New Jersey’s economic development.
It was a great year! And, we’re looking forward to another banner year in 2017.